Friday, December 30, 2016

Peace for Everyone

My painting above my fireplace mantle, by Donna Watson

AMAZING PEACE: A CHRISTMAS POEM
by Maya Angelou

---It is the Glad Season.
Thunder ebbs to silence and lightning sleeps quietly in the corner.
Flood waters recede into memory.
Snow becomes a yielding cushion to aid us
As we make our way to higher ground.--- MA

Flat lay and photo image by Donna Watson

In the corner of my great room, arranged and photo by Donna Watson

In a world full of destruction one must hold fast to whatever fragments of love are left,
for sometimes a mosaic can be more beautiful than an unbroken pattern. -- Dawn Powell

Flat lay and photo by Donna Watson

It is Christmas time, a halting of hate time. -- Maya Angelou

In front of my fireplace mantle, hand painted and photo by Donna Watson

--- All I want for Christmas is Peace
All I want is war to cease
In the homes and on the street
Peace on earth and joy to greet --- Kenneth Snow

A Father Christmas, hand made by me, Donna Watson

Flat lay arranged and photo by Donna Watson

---Underneath my Christmas tree
Christmas morn I hope to see
Headlines blaring PEACE ON EARTH!
For men of naught and men of worth -- KS

Father Christmas (Rabbit) hand made by me, Donna Watson

THE PEACE OF WILD THINGS
--- I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting for their light.  For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.-- 
Wendell Berry

Flat lay and photo arranged by Donna Watson

Wish and believe for PEACE to shine...

Flat lay arranged and photo by Donna Watson

I wish you and yours and everyone a peaceful wonderful new 
year!








16 comments:

ELFI said...

Je te souhaite aussi une année de créativité et de bonne santé !

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Beautiful and inspiring post....all the best for a creative and peaceful 2017!

Susan said...

Thank you for this inspiring and uplifting post....I am inspired and comforted by your beautiful blog Donna, thank you so much for sharing with us.

Debbie said...

Love all you little vignettes (not quite the right word) and the words, thank you.

Miss Iowa said...

What a lovely collection of images and prose! Your home looks like a cozy, inspirational place to be. Merry belated Christmas and all the best for 2017!

marthaslavin.blogspot.com said...

As usual, Donna, you have found the right words to express this time of year. Thank you for sharing your artwork and the found words.

Barry said...

Hi D - Thank you for the post - it just shows how we can bring a little peace into the world and our own space just by doing small creative things. Go well and create well in 2017. Peace. B

Debrina said...

Hi Donna,
Thought I'd bowl on by and wish you a merry Xmas and a happy new year. A little bird told me you are coming to teach in NZ shortly. Wanganui to be exact. We will have to get you down to the South Island one day. You have quite a few fans down here. Xxxxx. Anyway, merry Xmas to you and yours and I hope you have a fabulous 2017.
Debrina

Sok Sareth said...

Thank you for sharing good valuable information.
Nice post & I always enjoyed reading this posting.

ตารางคะแนนพรีเมียร์ลีก

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing and I check your website regularly about franchise opportunities in japan .

على جمال said...


أفضل شركة تنظيف بالرياض
تقدم شركتنا افضل الخدمات المنزلية علي الاطلاق حيث انها تقدم خدمات التنظيف المتكاملة مثل تنظيف المنازل والبيوت والفلل والقصور وتنظيف الموكيت وتنظيف الكنب وتنظيف الستائر وغير من العمل النظافة يمكنك زيارة موقعنا لانها هي الافضل علي الاطلاق حيث انها توفر كل الخدمات التاليه:ارخص شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض-شركة غسيل كنب بالرياض-شركة تنظيف ستائربالرياض-شركة تنظيف سجاد بالرياض- شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالرياض



Patrachar Vidyalaya said...

Patrachar vidyalaya 10th admission 
Patrachar vidyalaya 12th admission 
Patrachar vidyalaya admission last date 
CBSE Patrachar admission last date 
CBSE Patrachar 12th admission 

Mark Spencer said...

I will always let you and your words become part of my day because you never know how much you make my day happier and more complete. There are even times when I feel so down but I will feel better right after checking your blogs. assignment help expert You have made me feel so good about myself all the time and please know that I do appreciate everything that you have

Mark Spencer said...

It is good to hear that your store is now expanding to new locations. I have been a patron of Fantastic Eyes because of all the wonderful work that you guys do. essay helper uk I hope that this expansion move of yours will turn out to be successful. I will definitely go and see this new store of yours

Zonahobisaya said...

Sinopsis Film
Bounty One Piece
Ulti One Piece
paling sempit
Arti Lambang

KeiraDoltan said...

Thanks for sharing this article with us.
peel paragraph